We gave you the best vegetarian news stories of 2010. But a lot of anti-veg events made headlines too. Here’s the best of the worst.
10. Johnny Weir ruffles fur feathers during the winter Olympics. It’s bad enough he picks a costume with rabbit fur around the collar. After being criticized, he’s says he’ll “wear fur again” and it’s all just a part of creative expression. Someone hit the ice with his head one time too many while practicing the double-dunce-klutz.
9. Sarah Palin kills caribou on TLC reality show, “Sarah Palin’s Alaska.” Someone who feeds her family potentially lead contaminated meat shouldn’t be criticizing Mrs. Obama’s initiatives to make school lunches healthier. In 2008, she gave an interview while Tom turkey got his head chopped off. In 2010, it’s Rudolph. Easter Bunny, dude, watch your back!
8. Angelina Jolie says secret beauty tip is steak. This is coming from an ex-vegan actress who was too lazy to do her research and learn to eat vegan properly, so she failed, went back to meat, and praised it for giving her that sexy “Salt” look. Would love to see what her heart looks like from all the salt in processed meats.
7. KT Tunstall is vegetarian–except for pig’s blood. Sure, some vegans will cheat and eat grandma’s butter cookies at Christmas. But KT Tunstall discussed in detail how scrumptious black pudding, a congealed “treat” made from pig’s blood, was even though she normally eats tofu and beans. “Suddenly we see” Twilight vegetarian vampire taking a whole new meaning.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jon Stewart and Wife Tracey Stewart Adopt Horse
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills