One-half of the pop duo The Veronicas, Jess is seen is these videos demonstrating how to make her almost vegan tacos and guacamole dip.
Jess calls them vegan, but like many people, probably isn’t aware that the brand of faux cheese she’s using contains casein, a milk protein often added to soy and other imitation cheeses. A simple switch to a truly vegan cheese like Teese or Daiya will give you the genuine vegan touch.
The Veronicas are often on the road and because of this, they can’t always access an oven. This is why Jess chose refried beans instead of faux meat because she prefers to fry imitation meats in a saucepan. Taco shells can be microwaved too.
“About 45 seconds if you put all of them in,” Jess says, referring to the length of time it takes to warm an entire box of shells.
These tacos get the approval of “Slim Dusty,” a meat-eating, cow farm owner who chose to hide his identity. Watch the videos below for full instructions for making the veggie tacos and guacamole and tell us if they get your approval as well.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro