Written by Vegetarian Star on May 30th, 2016 in Animal Issues.
When Jon Stewart signed off the air a year ago, he talked about his plans for the future, one of which included bringing a Noah’s Ark group of animals to his private sanctuary his runs with his wife Tracey Stewart.
One very special horse has been given the opportunity to join the family.
A white mare named Lily was rescued from a life of thinness, frailness and abuse from paintballs.
Tracey herself is a vet tech and knows firsthand about the ins and out of caring for animals.
She made a visit to check on Lily’s care at the Penn Vet New Bolton Center in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania before making arrangements to have her brought home to the 12-acre sanctuary that was created in partnership with Farm Sanctuary.
“Probably what I’m more struck by is understanding that a lot of times people’s relationship to animals is that they are disposable,” Tracey said. “And I think Lily’s story will be a big part of telling why that’s so necessary and important.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Stella McCartney Ends Sourcing From Unethical Wool Supplier