The vegan actress is asking everyone to adopt a turkey that resides on the sanctuary grounds in lieu of having one on their dinner plate.
“Did you know that every year between 250 and 300 million turkeys are bred for slaughter in the United States?” DeGeneres asked. “More than 46 million for Thanksgiving alone. So, this Thanksgiving instead of eating a turkey, please join me in adopting one from Farm Sanctuary’s Adopt-A-Turkey Project and you can give a turkey something to be thankful for.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jon Stewart and Wife Tracey Stewart Adopt Horse
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Ellen DeGeneres Promotes Leather And Suede In New Shoe Line