House of Cards actress Kate Mara and several other celebrities attended a press conference with members of the Humane Society of the United States in celebration of the implementation of one of the largest animal protection laws in the nation.
California’s Proposition 2 took effect January 1, 2015.
It requires farmers to give crated animals such as breeding pigs and egg-laying hens enough room to comfortably move around.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jon Stewart and Wife Tracey Stewart Adopt Horse
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- Jaimie King Creates Vegan-Friendly Makeup Alchemy From ColourPop
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Pamela Anderson Launches Vegan Shoes