Kristina Addington, vegan chef and owner of Louisville, Kentucky’s Vegan Temptress, won the grand prize on the Food Network show Cutthroat Kitchen.
The series starring Alton Brown as the host is a standard cooking competition show with a twist — the competitors have the opportunity to use money to sabotage each other–making this reality TV show truly “cutthroat!”
Along with having to survive being sabotaged by being rendered unable to use fresh ginger in a recipe, Addington had the additional challenge of substituting animal ingredients for plant ones.
During the second challenge, she was required to make a gyro. Instead of using lamb, she used mushrooms and peppers.
Addington plans to use the $18,500 she took home to either open a restaurant or a food truck, keeping her menu aligned with the flavors of southern cooking.
“My passion is southern Kentucky classics, down-home, stick-to-your-ribs food,” she said.
“We can still enjoy those sentimental meals without all that fat and cholesterol.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro