Written by Vegetarian Star on Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 in Authors.
There are different reasons a person decides to go veg, including witnessing the brutality and killing of beings.
In Karen Campbell’s new book, After The Fire, a British firearms officer, Jamie Worth, shoots and kills an unarmed teenage girl on Glasgow’s south side.
The event is so traumatizing, he stops eating meat and eggs because those objects were once alive, thus reminding him of the life he took.
To do her research for the book, Campbell interviewed real life British firearms officers who had suffered some of the same psychological events.
Campbell herself was a vegetarian in college and participated in animal rights marches.
After serving in law enforcement, Campbell returned home to raise her daughters and launch her novelist career.
Source: Sunday Herald
Possibly Related Posts:
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Yotam Ottolenghi Gives “Plenty More” Vegetarian Recipes In New Book
- Benjamin Zephaniah Advocates Plant Diet For New Year’s Resolution
- Sam Simon Offers Sealers One Million For Government Buyout
- Meatless Mouthful–Rick Warren Praises The Plant