Christina Pirello has written a new cookbook, Wellness 1000: Simple, Plant-Based Recipes and Sound Advice to Cook Your Way to Vibrant Health. The ebook edition of Wellness 1000 was released today, and the vegan chef and host of PBS’ Christina Cooks! gave an exclusive interview to Vegetarian Star to give readers a preview of what to expect on their electronic readers.
1. During your PBS cooking show, Christina Cooks!, the audience usually leaves with lots of laughter in addition to culinary tips. Can readers expect to find the same humor in Wellness 1000?
It’s hard to translate humor to the written page but luckily we were able to insert 32 videos into the Wellness 1000 so I can say with confidence that people will get a generous taste of my humor, since that is my hallmark. People say that I write like I talk, that they can ‘hear’ me in the pages of my books, so I think we might be all set in the humor department.
And did you hear the one about…?
2. You’ve talked about your Italian roots and growing up enjoying Italian cuisine, both on your site and your show. Italian food can be rich in cheese, cream and other dairy and meat products. Can you talk about some of the vegan alternatives and are there any recipe examples in Wellness 1000?
My Italian heritage is all over Wellness 1000! While I subscribe to a macrobiotic lifestyle, I have adapted it to embrace my Italian-ness and bring out the best of that simple yet elegantly delicious cuisine. Since freshness is the hallmark of Italian cooking, it’s not a big leap from traditional to plant-based. Wellness 1000 is rich in Italian style recipes.
Possibly Related Posts:
- “The Doctors” Give Healthy Holiday Tips
- Ellie Goulding Vegetarian With Real Stuffed Animal Collection
- Meatless Mouthful–Rick Warren Praises The Plant
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Giada de Laurentiis Chia Seed Pudding
- Rosci Diaz Warms Up The Holidays In Hot PETA Vegetarian Ad