Nellie McKay has an extensive interview with Broadway World where she spills her heart on issues like animal rights and global warming, vegan food, favorite celebrities and that never going away topic of Lady Gaga‘s meat dress.
A song on her latest CD, Home Sweet Mobile Home, titled “Unknown Reggae,” is about animals being consumed for meat.
“For animal rights, it would be “Unknown Reggae” on the new record. It is about the meat, in particular. But, animal products – including dairy and eggs, although I know it is difficult to get off of them – that’s the quickest way to end global warming. It really has a terrible impact on the earth, eating higher up on the food chain like that. If we went back to the basics of vegetables, legumes, grains – the things closer to the earth – it’s a lot better for the earth and for other people. We can feed more people, we can feed the starving people.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Tom Scholz Receives PETA Compassionate Action Award
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Giada de Laurentiis Vegetarian Chili Verde
- Ellen DeGeneres Shares Thanksgiving Ideas With People (Video)
- John Salley And Stars Celebrate PETA Celebrity Stamp Launch
- Jillian Michaels “Please Adopt” Shelter Pups Holiday Humane Society Ad