Nellie McKay has an extensive interview with Broadway World where she spills her heart on issues like animal rights and global warming, vegan food, favorite celebrities and that never going away topic of Lady Gaga‘s meat dress.
A song on her latest CD, Home Sweet Mobile Home, titled “Unknown Reggae,” is about animals being consumed for meat.
“For animal rights, it would be “Unknown Reggae” on the new record. It is about the meat, in particular. But, animal products – including dairy and eggs, although I know it is difficult to get off of them – that’s the quickest way to end global warming. It really has a terrible impact on the earth, eating higher up on the food chain like that. If we went back to the basics of vegetables, legumes, grains – the things closer to the earth – it’s a lot better for the earth and for other people. We can feed more people, we can feed the starving people.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro