We cried a river when hip hopper and rapper Common announced he had gone from vegan to eating dairy and fish.
The good news is that’s the only thing animal related that touching his luscious lips (no beef, poultry, pork) and he still openly talks about his almost vegetarian lifestyle in public.
Just Jared caught up with him to learn Common likes his veggie sausages when he’s having breakfast at Dizzies in Park Slope in New York.
“I get breakfast from there [Dizzies] all the time. I eat a certain diet. I eat a lot of oatmeal. I eat veggie sausages and some good fruit.”
“I felt that beef and pork wasn’t good. I did my own tests and found that beef and pork weren’t really good for my system. So I’ve been a lot clearer by not eating those meats, and also chicken. Turkey was good, I like turkey, bacon and all that, but I just went vegan at one point. So when I decided to go back the other way, I just needed fish and I feel balanced with that. You’ve got to eat the right things. It’s not just about not eating meat. You’ve got to find out what your body needs, what’s healthy for you. What’s good for life.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Moby Opens Little Pine Vegan Restaurant
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Harry Styles Says SeaWorld Going in Wrong Direction
- Zahia Dehar And Bryan Adams Collaborate For PETA Pro-Vegetarian Ad