Saturday, October 31, the restaurant will host a pumpkin carving contest from 5PM to 7PM. The entry fee is $10 and proceeds go to Happy Trails Animal Sanctuary, which, according to its website, “is a non-profit (501c3) organization that rescues, rehabilitates, and provides an adoption program for abused, abandoned, and neglected farm animals such as horses, ponies, pot belly pigs, farm pigs, chickens, ducks, turkeys, sheep, goats, and cattle. Happy Trails serves the entire state of Ohio, and works in cooperation with county humane societies, animal protective leagues, and local and state law enforcement officers.”
Prizes will be awarded.
Later at 7PM, the restaurant will have a fall Harvest dinner, then a Halloween costume party of 9PM, with appetizers, drink specials and prizes awarded for best costumes.
The Vegiterranean is located at 21 Furnace Street in Akron, Ohio.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Alan Cumming Celebrates New York City Most Vegan-Friendly Honor
- Emily Deschanel Throwing Vegan Party For Son
- Denzel Washington Quits Tofu
- Rob Zombie To Eat Vegan On “Top Chef”
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Misterwives’ Vegan Chicken Scallopini (Video)