Michael Vick, NFL player convicted for his involvement with dog-fighting activities, has expressed an interest in owning another dog. Now that his parole has come to an end, he could be eligible to do so.
“I would love to get another dog in the future. I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process,” Vick told NBC Nightly News. “I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love and my passion for animals; I think it would be outstanding. If I ever have the opportunity again I will never take it for granted. I miss having a dog right now. I wish I could.”
Two different perspectives on Vick’s possible new dog ownership were expresed by animal rights groups People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and the Humane Society of the United States.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jon Stewart and Wife Tracey Stewart Adopt Horse
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)