Most of the sports world already knows how MLB player Mark Buehrle feels about Michael Vick. If you didn’t hear Buehrle’s comment, it was something along the lines of Vick being the football that gets thrown at the next Eagles game.
During an interview with ESPN, Mike Tyson gave his thoughts on how Vick should be treated.
“Listen, listen. I don’t know why people do what they do. What should we do with Michael Vick? Really, really: Why don’t we castrate him? Why don’t we do something bad to his children to teach him a lesson? Is that really the answer?”
“Or instead, we can say, “Hey, you’ve been given the wrong signals all these years, and you didn’t realize you were destroying God’s animals.” So we have to change his way of thinking. Not kill him, not assassinate him. We have to kill his way of thinking in that particular area. So yes, we should give him another chance. And so far he’s taken great advantage of it.”
Tyson’s Animal Planet show on racing pigeons, Taking on Tyson, premiers March 6, 2011. Tyson, a vegan, could easily come under the criticism radar from animal welfare advocates as pigeon racing often forces birds to race in adverse weather conditions. They also get sick and require medication.
A video interview with Tyson on the series can be viewed below.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Jesse Einsenberg Celebrates “Thanksliving” During The Holidays (Video)
- Meatless Mouthful–Liam Hemsworth Gives Veggie Advice Like Dr. Spock (Video)
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Stella McCartney Ends Sourcing From Unethical Wool Supplier