A few years ago, Dan and Annie Shannon decided to adapt every recipe from the classic Betty Crocker Cookbook to remove all the meat, dairy, egg and other animal products.
After hundreds of experiments in their kitchen, the Shannons have finally put the finishing touches on each of the recipes and created Betty Goes Vegan: 500 Classic Recipes for the Modern Family.
“The Betty Crocker brand has a well deserved reputation as being the very best at teaching American amateur chefs how to use products and ingredients to their full potential,” Annie said in a 2010 interview with Kiss Me, I’m Vegan. “When we were putting together this project, we really wanted to help people see how easy it is to be vegan, and that you really can make anything vegan once you know the tricks.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro