“I’ve always called myself an animal lover. And yet I ate them. Until four years ago I would be driving past these cows on pastures, and think ‘What a lovely life that is,’ and I’d go and order a steak. It takes a click, just one light bulb, and you’re like ‘I can’t do that anymore. Someone mentioned ‘If you knew what chicken looked like or you knew how chicken was made, you’d never eat it again. Something snapped.”
–Ellen DeGeneres, in an interview where she discusses her journey to veganism. The article includes some tips on going vegan from DeGeneres’ personal chef, Roberto Martin, who’s just published a cookbook.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Samuel L. Jackson Credits Dr. Esselstyn For Vegan Diet
- Paul McCartney Does “Eat No Fish” PETA Ad For Good Friday
- Krysten Ritter Enjoys Vegan Mexican
- Stevie Wonder Eats At Baltimore Vegan Restaurant Land Of The Kush
- Chelsea Clinton Craved Red Meat Before Going Omnivore