“I’ve always called myself an animal lover. And yet I ate them. Until four years ago I would be driving past these cows on pastures, and think ‘What a lovely life that is,’ and I’d go and order a steak. It takes a click, just one light bulb, and you’re like ‘I can’t do that anymore. Someone mentioned ‘If you knew what chicken looked like or you knew how chicken was made, you’d never eat it again. Something snapped.”
–Ellen DeGeneres, in an interview where she discusses her journey to veganism. The article includes some tips on going vegan from DeGeneres’ personal chef, Roberto Martin, who’s just published a cookbook.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Rosci Diaz Warms Up The Holidays In Hot PETA Vegetarian Ad
- Jay Z And Beyonce Go Vegan For Christmas
- Tom Scholz Receives PETA Compassionate Action Award
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Giada de Laurentiis Vegetarian Chili Verde
- Ellen DeGeneres Shares Thanksgiving Ideas With People (Video)