Robin Quivers is training for her first marathon, which will take place in New York city in November. Quivers keeps her fans and interested readers updated on her progress and thoughts at more.com and recently, she brought up the subject of energy gels.
“I’d heard from some followers on Twitter that most gels were vegan and vegetarian-friendly. A friend had given me a brand to try, but how was I going to carry it? I already tote a big bottle of water around, so I couldn’t hold the gel at the same time. I decided to wear a belt with a pouch that I picked up once in the travel section of a drug store. It wasn’t perfect, but it should work.”
Several energy gels or shots exist for the vegetarian and vegan athlete, as well as recipes to make them from scratch. Gels are designed to replace carbohydrates and electrolytes during physical activity.
Possibly Related Posts:
- “Chopped” To Feature Vegan Chef Using Tempeh In Competition
- Green Leaf’s & Bananas iPad Giveaway For National Salad Month
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mark Bittman Breakfast Couscous
- Frankie Francis Of Frankie And The Heartstrings National Vegetarian Week
- Portia de Rossi On Vegan Diet And Healthy Weight