Brendan Brazier has the formula for a how a vegan athlete stays the course–through every Iron-man, Ultra Marathon and National Long Course Triathlon.
No stranger to the kitchen, Brazier has his own line of supplemental powders, bars and smoothies, all of which are vegan.
“To provide staying power, the optimal carbohydrate to protein ratio immediately before a longer workout or race is about three parts carbohydrate to one part protein,” he told NJ.com. “I like to have half of a banana, a couple of dates and a Vega bar before a long-distance workout. I’ll also make an energy gel to eat if I start to feel hungry or weak during a workout
Grab the recipe for Brendan’s gel after the jump.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro