Brendan Brazier has the formula for a how a vegan athlete stays the course–through every Iron-man, Ultra Marathon and National Long Course Triathlon.
No stranger to the kitchen, Brazier has his own line of supplemental powders, bars and smoothies, all of which are vegan.
“To provide staying power, the optimal carbohydrate to protein ratio immediately before a longer workout or race is about three parts carbohydrate to one part protein,” he told NJ.com. “I like to have half of a banana, a couple of dates and a Vega bar before a long-distance workout. I’ll also make an energy gel to eat if I start to feel hungry or weak during a workout
Grab the recipe for Brendan’s gel after the jump.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth
- Eva Longoria Goes Vegan To Lean Out