Written by Vegetarian Star on Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 in Food & Drink, Male Musicians, Male Singers, Recipes.
Jared Leto joked that he and the members of 30 Seconds To Mars now sacrifice tofu instead of animals, but he forgot to mention the gods like organic granola as well.
Leto may be caught munching on the snack in between interviews to promote the band’s latest album, This Is War.
Granola sounds healthy and all, but if you’re not careful, the added ingredients of high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils in some bars can negate the good for you effects of the oat snack.
Better yet, be a DIYer and make your own.
Here’s a recipe from sustainable chef Alton Brown sweetened with maple syrup and brown sugar.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins and mix until evenly distributed.
Possibly Related Posts: