People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is asking President Obama to do more than just pardon Cobbler and Gobbler–the two turkeys he is set to spare from the dinner table as every U.S. president does annually in tradition.
They’d like him to remove turkeys from America’s dinner plate entirely.
‘It makes light of the mass slaughter of some 46 million gentle, intelligent birds and portrays the United States’ president as being in some sort of business partnership with the turkey-killing industry,” said Ingrid Newkirk, president of PETA, in a statement to the Obama.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Viola Davis Wants Rhode Island To Help Elephants In Circuses
- “Chopped” To Feature Vegan Chef Using Tempeh In Competition
- Green Leaf’s & Bananas iPad Giveaway For National Salad Month
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mark Bittman Breakfast Couscous
- Frankie Francis Of Frankie And The Heartstrings National Vegetarian Week