At least someone is following the advice to stop eating meat in public.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi dined with President Barack Obama and several other leaders in Washington, including House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev).
The Atlantic reports Pelosi ordered a “vegan sub with sprouts” from Taylor Gourmet, an Italian deli and market specializing in Philadelphia-style hoagies that happens to have a separate vegetarian menu with several sandwich options.
Obama ordered his usual taboo carnivorous fare of “12-inch Spruce Street hoagie for himself, which has roast turkey, prosciutto, roasted red peppers and sharp provolone on house-made bread.”
All of Taylor Gourmet’s veggie sandwiches come with cheese, but any small business good enough to serve the President could not possibly have a problem taking the dairy off for some of his vegan constituents.
Go for the “Christian Street” with portabella mushroom, arugula and roasted red peppers. Or take a walk down “Lancaster Avenue” for grilled eggplant and marinara.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Zoe Saldana Talks Former Vegetarian Ways Over Ribs With Craig Fergson
- Yotam Ottolenghi Gives “Plenty More” Vegetarian Recipes In New Book
- Lee Daniels Considers Opening Vegan Restaurant
- Alicia Silverstone Says Children Appreciate A Vegan “Kind Mama”
- Anthony Anderson Of “Black-ish” Goes “Vegan-ish”