“I’m not entirely sure who understands and who doesn’t understand what it is that we’re doing, but something I wanted to do with those pro-vegan shirts, was to create a very poppy, very palatable image that draws people in and that will appeal to people and then have it juxtaposed with a very serious message – to really drive that message home. Because if you’re drawn in with something pretty and then you’re met with something serious you’re already there. I think it would be difficult to not understand the message of those shirts but a lot of people are really obtuse, so there’s no saying.”
–AFI’s Davey Havok, on his line of t-shirts at Zu Boutique ,which convey information about veganism and eating animals through animated pictures, such as a hamburger with arms and legs with the caption “It’s alive,” above it.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Frankie Francis Of Frankie And The Heartstrings National Vegetarian Week
- Cornelia Guest Tootsies Shopping Party Benefited Pup Squad Of Houston
- Carrie Ann Inaba Dons Vegan Shoes For “Dancing With The Stars” 300th
- Billy Corgan Educates Pizza Shop On Dehorning Dairy Calves