In an exclusive, behind the scenes video with PETA, Waka says he doesn’t even eat red meat anymore, citing the treatment of animals for food as one of his reasons.
Lent is approaching, and many are considering giving up what they consider pleasurable foods such as chocolate and meat. If they continued giving up animals products long after the holiday is over, what are some benefits they might gain?
Medical benefits range from the bones to the bowels.
Here are a few reasons to give up red meat like Waka, from The Independent.
Bowel Cancer: People who eat several portions of meat per week are 30% more likely to develop bowel cancer than those who eat less than one portion per week.
Alzheimer’s Disease: Researchers at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) suggest red meat may cause a buildup of Iron in the brain. To make a long story short, your brain gets rusty.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- The Passing Of A Vegan Prince
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools