Just goes to show you don’t learn everything you need in school, because now Jones teaches Thanksgiving cooking classes for vegans.
“I love Thanksgiving,” Jones said. “It’s the harvest month. You have such wonderful harvest. Squash, different nuts are coming into season, things of that nature — things that are great, like fresh cranberry.”
“If you concentrate on a side dish, and pack it full of flavor, you don’t miss the animal protein,” Jones said.
Jones taught his students to make dishes such as vegetable pot pie with tofu, raw honey cheesecake bars, and wild green salad with a tofu ricotta cheese.
This Thanksgiving, Jones plans to make a sweet potato, leek, soy mozzarella and thyme au gratin.
What’s on your menu for veggie Thanksgiving?
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Frances Fisher Experiences “Resurrection” Of Youth With Vegan Diet
- Al Gore “Medscape” Interview On Health Medicine And Vegan Diet
- Mayim Bialk Makes Vegan Cupcakes On “Rachael Ray” (Video)
- Jared Leto Thanks Makers Of Vegan Butter For “Dallas Buyers Club” Win
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Wolfgang Puck Oscar Chocolate Cupcakes