“It’s so cool – yoga peeps, Christians, rabbis, all working together to feed the needy healthy organic, plant-based meals. The elderly woman I was feeding in the photo was 93. She was trapped on the 17th floor of her building for 5 days, no power or water, eating only peanuts. She loved that there was NO meat in the donated meals.”
–John Joseph, author of Meat is for Pussies and member of the band Cro Mags on his experience feeding the hungry at Interfaith Community Services, an organization serving vegetarian and vegan meals to those in poverty in New York City.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Peter Dinklage Stays Clear Of Vegetarian Restaurants
- Anthony Bourdain “Parts Unknown” Takes Him To Vegetarian India (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mayim Bialik Chocolate Fruit And Nut Clusters
- Meatless Mouthful– Alicia Silverstone On Being A “Kind Mama”
- Kimberly Elise Can “Hit The Floor” Dancing On Veggie Burgers Alone