Emily Deschanel is serving as the spokesperson for Farm Sanctuary’s Walk For Animals. The event involves sponsored walks in various cities across the United States and Canada to raise awareness about farm animals.
“On TV, I make the world better by solving crimes, but in real life, each of us can makes choices that will improve the world,” Deschanel begins in the PSA for the walk.
“Farm animals are just as interesting and intelligent as the dogs and cats who we know a bit better. Yet they are treated by the meat industry as though they are inanimate objects with no feelings or personalities. Every year, more than 10 billion animals suffer on factory farms all over North America.”
Many cities have already held walks, but there are still some looking for volunteers to spread the word on animal welfare.
Visit WalkforAnimals.org to find out if a city near you is participating.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jon Stewart and Wife Tracey Stewart Adopt Horse
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- Jaimie King Creates Vegan-Friendly Makeup Alchemy From ColourPop
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Pamela Anderson Launches Vegan Shoes