Even if you’re a pro at being vegan, it might not hurt to see a specialist in the area during those times when diet and nutrition is especially critical, like pregnancy or illness.
Ashley Koff, a vegan-friendly registered dietitian who helped couples slim down for the big day on Shedding The Wedding, has offered a glimpse into what Bones actress Emily Deschanel is doing to keep herself healthy.
Koff told People.com, “She loves nut butters and sometimes we’ll do fun smoothies, especially if she’s at work. We’ll take coconut water, nut butter, and berries and make a smoothie so she’s got something to sustain her energy in a liquid form.”
Koff advises everyone–pregnant or not–to eat as natural as possible and to avoid processed foods.
“Whether you’re eating a plant- or animal-based diet, you want to eat food in the form closest to nature,” she said.
“You want to avoid the highly-processed foods, and that’s especially true whether you’re pregnant or a not.”
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Pamela Anderson Saves Water Alfred Hitchcock Way In PETA Ad
- Slice Of Celebrity Vegan Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Beyonce Vegan Pizza
- Noel Gallagher Can’t Be F*cking Bothered With Morrissey’s Vegetarian Ways
- Meatless Mouthful–Kate Mara Says “Yes” To Meat-Free Meals