The video is set to debut this Wednesday, March 9, but U.S. PIRG posted a teaser on their Facebook page last week.
The clip shows Kartheiser and Sommer in the Mad Men 1965 setting discussing the possibility of high-speed trains.
Sommer states that “in 40 years” gas will cost almost $1 a gallon and that he’s sure high speed trains will be a hit, given “America always make the right investment.”
Fast forward to 45 + years today and that number is closer to $3/gallon.
Surely, America is making the right investment and rushing its plans to lay the tracks down for transportation that gets cars off the road and saves gas and emissions, not to mention creates jobs?
As expected, not everyone is excited for the plan, such as Florida Gov. Rick Scott who rejected funds for such as project in his state.
However, President Obama would like 80% of Americans to have access to high-speed rail within 25 years and would like to invest several billion to construct such a network, a move expected to create many jobs in the private sector.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Kimberly Elise Pumps Vegetables In PETA Pro Vegan Ad (Video)
- Meatless Mouthful–James Cameron Says Change Diet, Change The World
- Peter Sarsgaard Wonders Where The Meat Eating Actors Are
- Jason Mraz Spoils Artists With Good Food (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Kerry Washington Glowing Green Smoothie (Video)