Elmo visited the White House Kitchen, in perfect timing for the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act being signed into law by President Obama, which is expected to bring changes to school menus that involve more fruits and vegetables and less processed food.
Elmo was there to experience the veggie burrito with beans, rice and peppers that White House chef Sam Kass whipped up prior to his arrival. When Elmo expresses concern about going to school because of the food, Kass reassures him there’s good food at school, adding, “Because of this new law that is passed, we’re going to make sure that all food is healthy,nutritious and delicious.”
While Kass’ statement is mostly true, as we noted recently, it may be harder to get a true vegetarian burrito at school than we hoped. Crossing our fingers all veg children will be able to do the “melon happy dance” that Elmo does when they get in the lunch line next year.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Marco Antonio Regil Interview With Vegetarian Star–Part 2
- Marco Antonio Regil Interview With Vegetarian Star–Part 1
- Griff Whalen Of Indianapolis Colts Receives The Vegan Pass
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Olivia Wilde’s Vegan Bolognese
- Lisa Rinna Goes Makeup-Free And Vegan For Wake Up Call Challenge