Ellen DeGeneres has voluntarily “killed herself” by not Tweeting until enough funds are raised for a campaign to draw awareness to HIV/AIDS and find a cure.
The vegan talk show host gave her last Tweet, urging her followers to visit KeepAChildAlive.org to donate to the cause.
“I’m logging off Twitter to raise money for Keep a Child Alive. Pledge here to bring me back to life!”
Several celebrities are participating in the event, including Kim Kardashian, Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga, leaving a total of almost 30 million followers on Twitter without updates until $1 million is raised for the charity that Alicia Keys initiated by signing off her Twitter account.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Anthony Bourdain “Parts Unknown” Takes Him To Vegetarian India (Video)
- Bill Clinton Misses Presidency More Than Cheese On “Jimmy Kimmel” (Video)
- Taylor Swift Takes Cat Meredith For Stroll In New York (Video)
- Mark Malkoff Gets Ripped On Vegan Diet On “Good Morning America” (Video)
- Vivienne Westwood In Veggie Shower PSA For World Water Day (Video)