Chrissie Hynde and Welsh singer JP Jones have collaborated to form JP Chrissie & The Fairground Boys and the group is set to give a benefit concert for Woodstock Farm Sanctuary.
According to Ecorazzi,the show will take place Saturday, May 29, 2010 on the Woodstock Farm Sanctuary headquarters in Woodstock, NY and tickets are priced at $20 in advance, $25 day of show, with all proceeds going towards the sanctuary.
Hynde has been consistently vocal about animal issues from zoos to McDonald’s and opened up a vegan Italian restaurant in her hometown of Akron, Ohio a few years ago that is quite successful.
Update: The event will be held at Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary in Woodstock, NY. The previous version of this post placed the event at Farm Sanctuary, which has locations in Watkins Glen, NY and Orland, CA. Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary and Farm Sanctuary are two separate organizations and not affiliated with one another.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Stella McCartney Ends Sourcing From Unethical Wool Supplier
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth