Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi will be honored by the Humane Society next month for their love of animals, so it’s both ironic and disappointing that it’s been brought to our attention that vegan Ellen is the Cover gal for Cover Girl cosmetics, a company that still tests on animals.
Even more ironic, the ads featuring Ellen will debut around the time she is given her award.
Deceiver.com put its ever so sarcastic slant on things:
Proposition 2, eh? I remember that. It was right around the time she signed up to become Cover Girl’s newest spokesmodel, despite the fact the beauty company is the largest that still tests on animals. Die, bunnies!
Ironically those print ads just started appearing in the March issues of all the magazines. Great timing there, HSUS.
We’ve learned before that celebrities don’t always investigate companies before representing them. We’ve also learned that celebrities make decisions that seem to completely contradict other behaviors.
Even Portia called Ellen out on their first date for wearing calfskin leather.
The decision to live ethically is an ongoing process of keeping informed and doing your research. Have you supported a company in the past only to stop after finding out some of their business decisions were against your beliefs?
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Michael Symon Corn Pudding With Collards And Mushrooms
- Jennifer Wiederstrom Of “Biggest Loser” Eating More Green Lately
- Jackson Galaxy From “My Cat From Hell” Marries At Animal Sanctuary
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Alie & Georgia Shuckin’ Good Corn Salad
- Jenna Dewan Tatum In Humane Society “All Animals”