Quite possibly Hollywood’s newest vegan couple, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi will be honored for their efforts to improve care for animals at the Humane Society’s Genesis Awards next month.
The Wyler Award, named after the late Genesis Award founder, Gretchen Wyler, is given to celebrities or other public figures who have made the most noise in standing up for the better treatment of animals.
Looks like they’ve made the right choice. Where do we start?
Portia and Ellen both became vegans this year, saying no to every animal product, whether flesh or a byproduct. They both were active in getting the word out on Prop 2, the measure which passed in California to allow certain farm animals to move around freely.
They even share their lifestyle with people who are fortunate enough to be in their presence. The wedding reception menu was completely vegan. Ellen has given out vegan items quite a few times on her television show.
Wow. That’s a lot of hard work, guys. Have a cold one on us. You deserve it!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jon Stewart and Wife Tracey Stewart Adopt Horse
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- Jaimie King Creates Vegan-Friendly Makeup Alchemy From ColourPop
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Pamela Anderson Launches Vegan Shoes