|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
|The Food, the Bad and the Ugly|
Jon Stewart praised the Senate for passing the Food Safety Modernization Act, which gives the United States government more power to protect citizens from foodborne illnesses. In the past, the government relied on companies to voluntarily recall products. Now, it will have the authority to demand them.
Stewart mocks the skeptics who doubt the need for law, such as Glenn Beck, who Stewart says feels the FDA was created to do things like make sure you get milk instead of rat droppings in the carton.
Unfortunately, Beck isn’t the only naysayer. Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma claimed that only 10-20 people die annually from food illnesses (as if that weren’t enough). Ignorance sounds worse when other people hear you and Coburn may have made the biggest fool of himself to end the year.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro