2012 had some great moments for vegetarians and vegans.
And some not so great ones.
Here are Vegetarian Star‘s top Not So Vegetarian stories of celebrities and people in the news that have turned heads, offended and or just looked a little ridiculous.
#5. Mayor Bloomberg Washes Down Wieners Without Soda.
NYC’s mayor attended a competitive overeating contest (also known as hot dog eating contest) where the winners consumed dozens of processed, chemical filled animal wieners. He also ate one himself. Thank goodness he found time to attend this in the midst of his campaign to limit soda consumption to curb obesity. Because soda is the only real evil in making people fat. Not 60 hot dogs.
#4 Conan Whips Out His Wiener.
Not exactly indecent exposure, but the World’s Largest Chicago-Style hot dog does expose one to an increased risk of diabetes and cancer.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jason Mraz Spoils Artists With Good Food (Video)
- Demi Lovato Eats Raw And Vegan With Occasional Celebrity Made Pizza
- PETA Names AT & T Park Most Veggie Friendly MLB Stadium
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Kerry Washington Glowing Green Smoothie (Video)
- Kathryn Prescott Consumes Vegan Frozen Yogurt On “Finding Carter”