Bollywood star John Abraham is set to produce a film on tiger preservation, according to One India Entertainment.
The movie, The Return of the Tiger, will be directed by Mike Pandey.
“I decided to produce the film because I truly believe tigers are one of the most magnificent creatures on this planet,” Abraham said. “And if we don’t take quick and immediate action to preserve them there will be no tigers left.”
Some experts estimate there are only about 4,000 tigers remaining in the wild, compared to 100,000 existing a century ago.
It’s no surprise that Abraham is so interested in wildlife preservation, given his history of commitment to animals.
A noted vegetarian, he’s was nominated for PETA’s Sexiest male vegetarian last year.
The Return of the Tiger is expected to be screened at film festivals and wildlife preservation summits.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jon Stewart and Wife Tracey Stewart Adopt Horse
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Jesse Einsenberg Celebrates “Thanksliving” During The Holidays (Video)