Selena Gomez has decided to edit footage in the video for her hit song, “Love You Like a Long Song,” so that it does not show the controversial horse painted with pink dye.
Animal rights activists were outraged after seeing preview clips of the video and singer Pink even Tweeted her disapproval.
“If there are any animal activists around Malibu-at Leo Cabrillo State Beach, there are horses being painted for a stupid music video,” Pink tweeted. “Artists should be more aware and responsible for their actions.”
According to E! Online, Gomez was not even aware the pink horse was going to be in the video.
“When Selena was presented the idea for the video, no one informed her the horses would be painted and she had assumed they would be colored in post-production [via special effects],” one source from the production said. “When she showed up to the set she was very surprised to see them painted.
Gomez had later told the media that a representative from an animal welfare agency had overseen the filming and the paint used was made from vegetable-based, non-toxic dye.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Kelis Spinach And Chickpea Fritters With Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
- Meatless Mouthful–Liam Hemsworth Gives Veggie Advice Like Dr. Spock (Video)
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting In “Shape” — Vegan Better In The Stomach
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Stella McCartney Ends Sourcing From Unethical Wool Supplier