If it makes you healthy. It can’t be that bad.
Actually, it’s not bad at all. It’s very good, because many of Sheryl Crow‘s 125 recipes in her new cookbook, If It Makes You Healthy, are vegan friendly.
Inside If It Makes You Healthy are Crow’s recipes for veg-friendly dishes like hummus soup with cilantro pesto and garlic pita chips, a vegan reuben, barley and vegetable risotto, nut butter sandwiches using almond instead of penauts and vegan chocolate-mint brownies for dessert (which, incidentally, are included in the 10% cheat zone–Crow’s area of recipes for being naughty)!
“Though Crow has not adopted a vegan lifestyle, many of these dishes are meatless, emphasizing colorful vegetables and fresh preparations,” writes Publisher’s Weekly.
Crow recruited her personal chef, Chuck White, better known as “Chef Chuck” to co-author the book. Chef Chuck was brought on board in Crow’s life shortly after her breast cancer diagnosis in 2006. Although she’s not vegan (yet), Crow has definitely adopted a largely plant-based diet for better health.
In addition to greening her diet, Crow has taken steps to make her tours more eco-friendly, using recycled and biodegradable materials and requesting healthy items for backstage like organic nuts, organic fruits and vegetables and hummus.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth
- Eva Longoria Goes Vegan To Lean Out