The actress’ love for dogs was pretty evident when she hired a personal dog furniture designer to dress the upholstery for her own pet.
The owner of Kari Whitman Interiors, L.L.C. created Greener Pup Dog Beds, a line of canine furniture made from 100% recycled plastic with 100% of the profits benefiting Whitman’s animal rescue organization, Ace of Hearts.
Whitman advises that while you’re choosing pet furniture, don’t forget about giving your own cushions an inventory check, considering how much time the pets and yourself may be spending on them.
She told The Stir, “I use washable paint with a Satin Finish instead of Flat which will resist marks and keep your walls looking fresh and clean for longer. Look for low- or no-VOC paints to protect your pups from toxins!”
“Your pets spend a lot of the time on the floor — would you rather have them lying on polyurethane and chemically treated flooring, or organic rugs and eco-friendly bamboo and palm wood floors? It’s really important to consider your pet when choosing furnishing and floorings. For hardwood floors, I love Bamboo Flooring Hawaii — it’s beautiful and eco-friendly. Beech, Bamboo, and Recycled Teak are also more scratch resistant than other varieties of wood.”
The making of an eco-friendly dog house can be viewed above.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jesse Einsenberg Celebrates “Thanksliving” During The Holidays (Video)
- Nikki Reed Launches Freedom Of Animals Handbag Collection With Morgan Bogle
- Meatless Mouthful–Liam Hemsworth Gives Veggie Advice Like Dr. Spock (Video)
- Ellen DeGeneres Promotes Leather And Suede In New Shoe Line
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting In “Shape” — Vegan Better In The Stomach