The experiments are designed to test the effects of interplanetary travel.
“Squirrel monkeys are tiny but intelligent primates who live in large colonies with strong social structures,” writes Maher. “If this experiment goes forward, these highly intelligent animals will be sent to Brookhaven National Laboratory, where they will be exposed to radiation that will produce physical and likely mental damage. They will then be turned over to cognitive experiments to a researcher in Boston who commonly uses monkeys in protocols that involve electric shocks and other inhumane practices.”
Maher insists that previous NASA experiments using radiation and squirrel monkeys did not produce any useful results applicable to humans.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Of “Goldbergs” Celebrates Cats With PETA (Video)
- Edie Falco Joins Celebrity Fight For Confined Pigs In New Jersey
- Darren Aronofsky Receives Humane Society Honor For “Noah”
- Kaley Cuoco Invents The Dog Bib
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Michael Symon Corn Pudding With Collards And Mushrooms