The experiments are designed to test the effects of interplanetary travel.
“Squirrel monkeys are tiny but intelligent primates who live in large colonies with strong social structures,” writes Maher. “If this experiment goes forward, these highly intelligent animals will be sent to Brookhaven National Laboratory, where they will be exposed to radiation that will produce physical and likely mental damage. They will then be turned over to cognitive experiments to a researcher in Boston who commonly uses monkeys in protocols that involve electric shocks and other inhumane practices.”
Maher insists that previous NASA experiments using radiation and squirrel monkeys did not produce any useful results applicable to humans.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Samantha Barks Relates To Fish For PETA Ad
- David Duchovny Pens “Holy Cow: A Modern-Day Dairy Tale”
- Kate Mara Celebrates California Prop 2 With Humane Society
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2014
- Meatless Mouthful–Ian Harding Of “Pretty Liars” Tells Truth About Bird Love