She lost 20 pounds in the process and says if you go vegan, both your clothes and animals will thank you.
Leifer also took a moment to show her humorous side, saying “I recently became vegan because I felt that as a Jewish lesbian, I wasn’t part of a small enough minority. So now I’m a Jewish lesbian vegan.”
For awhile she had some company, as Jewish, lesbian comedian Dana Goldberg was at one point a vegan. Now, Goldberg continues to remain vegetarian.
You can watch Leifer’s PSA for veganism at peta.org.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Tiffani Thiessen Roasted Tomato Soup (Video)
- Richard Linklater Spins Vegetarian Spoof Of “Boyhood” For PETA (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- Stella McCartney Honored By Jerry Seinfeld At Corporate Gala
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Of “Goldbergs” Celebrates Cats With PETA (Video)