She lost 20 pounds in the process and says if you go vegan, both your clothes and animals will thank you.
Leifer also took a moment to show her humorous side, saying “I recently became vegan because I felt that as a Jewish lesbian, I wasn’t part of a small enough minority. So now I’m a Jewish lesbian vegan.”
For awhile she had some company, as Jewish, lesbian comedian Dana Goldberg was at one point a vegan. Now, Goldberg continues to remain vegetarian.
You can watch Leifer’s PSA for veganism at peta.org.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Yotam Ottolenghi Gives “Plenty More” Vegetarian Recipes In New Book
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Misterwives’ Vegan Chicken Scallopini (Video)
- Kimberly Elise Pumps Vegetables In PETA Pro Vegan Ad (Video)
- Jason Mraz Spoils Artists With Good Food (Video)