She lost 20 pounds in the process and says if you go vegan, both your clothes and animals will thank you.
Leifer also took a moment to show her humorous side, saying “I recently became vegan because I felt that as a Jewish lesbian, I wasn’t part of a small enough minority. So now I’m a Jewish lesbian vegan.”
For awhile she had some company, as Jewish, lesbian comedian Dana Goldberg was at one point a vegan. Now, Goldberg continues to remain vegetarian.
You can watch Leifer’s PSA for veganism at peta.org.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mark Bittman Breakfast Couscous
- Lisa Rinna Ate Vegan Like Mary Lou Henner During “Celebrity Apprentice” (Video)
- “Super Size Me” Co-Creator Alex Jamieson Gives Up Vegan Diet
- Meatless Mouthful–Mark Bittman “Vegan Before Six” What Doctor Ordered
- “Beg: A Radical New Way of Regarding Animals” By Rory Freedman