She lost 20 pounds in the process and says if you go vegan, both your clothes and animals will thank you.
Leifer also took a moment to show her humorous side, saying “I recently became vegan because I felt that as a Jewish lesbian, I wasn’t part of a small enough minority. So now I’m a Jewish lesbian vegan.”
For awhile she had some company, as Jewish, lesbian comedian Dana Goldberg was at one point a vegan. Now, Goldberg continues to remain vegetarian.
You can watch Leifer’s PSA for veganism at peta.org.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Waka Flocka Blueberry Vegan Muffins (Video)
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Jesse Einsenberg Celebrates “Thanksliving” During The Holidays (Video)
- Meatless Mouthful–Liam Hemsworth Gives Veggie Advice Like Dr. Spock (Video)
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)