But who cares? It gets the word out on adopting homeless four legged friends, doesn’t promote a kennel or breeder, and it’s history. That’s right, history, as this issue is one of the few that features another creature other than Oprah.
“That’s Sadie on O’s June cover, hugging my right shoulder, making her bid for a new life with me,” Oprah writes on Oprah.com. “Right before we shot the photo—at PAWS Chicago, the city’s largest no-kill humane shelter—she had licked my ear and whispered, “Please take me with you.””
Oprah is no stranger to doggie love, as she’s featured undercover footage of puppy mills on her show, urging viewers to adopt instead. She even dedicated an episode to her deceased cocker spaniel.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jon Stewart and Wife Tracey Stewart Adopt Horse
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Ellen DeGeneres Promotes Leather And Suede In New Shoe Line