Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders is quite ambitious. Her goal is to be alive long enough to see McDonald’s burn to the ground. How’s that for a New Year’s resolution?
The rocker, who co-owns a vegan restaurant, The Vegiterranean, in her hometown of Akron, Ohio, is set to release a new album, Break Up The Concrete, in October. She sat down with Rolling Stone magazine to chit chat about lots of things vegetarian.
Her favorites on the The Vegiterranean menu include gnocchi and the Biker burgers.
“My pledge is that I will remain on this earth until the last McDonald’s has been burned to the ground,” she said.
She also drops some facts like a vegetarian driving a Hummer has less impact on the earth than a meat eater. Go read the story for yourself to find out more.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jay Z And Beyonce Go Vegan For Christmas
- Joan Jett Trades Rancher Float For Another In Macy’s Parade
- PETA Unveils 2013 Limited Edition Celebrity U.S. Postal Stamp Collection
- Joan Jett Booed As Thanksgiving Parade Float Figure
- Carrie Underwood–A Few Of Her Favorite Things In “Women’s Health”