Written by Vegetarian Star on Friday, December 12th, 2014 in Animal Issues.
Update 12/15/2014: It turns out, Pope Francis was actually referencing to a statement made by one of his predecessors. He was not the one who comforted the boy or the owner of the original statement on animals going to heaven. However, as far as Vegetarian Star is concerned, all pets are nothing but angels.
Catholic animal lovers will be glad to hear that Pope Francis has declared their four-legged friends worthy of the Kingdom of Heaven.
Even the ones with obedience problems.
During a speech, Francis comforted a boy who had experienced the loss of his pet dog.
“One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures,” Francis said.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jon Stewart and Wife Tracey Stewart Adopt Horse
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)