Emily Deschanel and her husband are celebrating their son’s third birthday with a vegan party!
“[Henry] turns 3. We’re going to have a little party for him, trying not to overwhelm him too much,” Deschanel told PEOPLE at the Mercy For Animals 15th Anniversary Gala Friday night in West Hollywood.
Deschanel plans to serve vegan tacos for the toddler she describes as “99% vegan,” adding he occasionally eats eggs like his father, writer and actor David Hornsby.
In addition to passing on the appreciation of good food to Henry, the Deschanels are already teaching him about animal compassion. Family outings include trips to visit rescued animals.
“Just took him to Farm Sanctuary a couple of weeks ago, where he got to spend time with pigs, cows, sheep, goats and chickens,” the actress said, adding that it’s an opportunity to “[let] him see that they have their own personalities and they are individual creatures. They feel emotions and pain just like a dog or a cat.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro