Nina Dobrev made the confession to Seventeen Magazine awhile back that her previous several month vegetarian diet stint was terminated when she thought she was getting too thin.
“At the end of last year, I tried being a vegetarian for four months, and after awhile, I started feeling weak, like I needed more protein, more energy,” Dobrev said.
Now she’s back to eating more like a vegan again and has found extra energy through invigorating exercise like yoga.
“I’m not officially a vegan, but I mainly eat vegan food,” she added.
“Yoga changed my body 100 per cent. It tones everything and leans you out. Dancer’s pose is amazing. It works every muscle! And you have to focus. If your mind is somewhere else, you’ll fall,” she has told SELF magazine.
The Vampire Diaries actress insists she’s never been obsessed with looking thin and that healthy food is an important center in her life.
To fuel up before attempting positions like the downward dog, Dobrev enjoys several small meals throughout the day and snacks on plant-based high protein items like almonds.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Frances Fisher Experiences “Resurrection” Of Youth With Vegan Diet
- Al Gore “Medscape” Interview On Health Medicine And Vegan Diet
- Mayim Bialk Makes Vegan Cupcakes On “Rachael Ray” (Video)
- Jared Leto Thanks Makers Of Vegan Butter For “Dallas Buyers Club” Win
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Wolfgang Puck Oscar Chocolate Cupcakes