Meet Jim Morris.
He’s a 77-year old bodybuilder.
Although that statement itself is newsworthy, there’s more. The former Mr. New York (1966), Mr. California (1970) and Mr. Universe (1977), turned vegetarian at 50, then vegan at 65.
Morris explained to Frugivore Magazine how dropping all animal products did much more than get him ripped.
“Prior to becoming vegan I suffered digestive problems all my life, mainly constipation. I started taking anti inflammatory medication in 1966 for my joints. At one point I was getting cortisone injections directly into both elbows every week. The arthritis kept me awake at night.”
“I would get 2-3 colds yearly and allergy attacks as often. Since becoming vegan all my health problems have completely disappeared.”
“Most miraculously, after wearing eyeglasses for 35 years my sight improved to where I only wear them on rare occasion for extremely small print. I no longer take any medication. I do take a weekly injection of Testosterone and vit B-12. My yearly checkups are perfect.”
Read more at Frugivore Magazine.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Ellie Goulding Makes Vegan Burger On “Jamie And Jimmy’s Friday Night Feast”
- Ali Larter Considers Vegan Diet To Lose Baby Weight
- Christina Pirello Gives Tips For Maintaining Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- “Masterchef” India Goes Vegetarian For A Season
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Jason Mraz Avocado Pudding Smoothie Guacamole