Mayim Bialik was getting prim and pretty for an appearance recently when she insisted her makeup artist use only cruelty-free products down to her toes.
Bialik said, “I need to get the vegan nail polish,” and explained what un-vegan things go into most polishes, including dyes from bugs.
Could not have expected better from a mother who openly discusses raising her kids vegan and is currently working on a cookbook with the same cuisine theme.
Although most vegetarians and vegans wouldn’t dare suck on beef jerky as an occasional snack, many aren’t aware that little things utilized here and there–toiletries, cosmetics–make a big contribution to the animal product industry in the long run.
In addition, cosmetics like nail polish often have some not so earth-friendly ingredients that have been linked to both environmental pollution and health issues in mammals.
Paint your fingers with vegan-friendly polishes like Zoya, Spa Ritual, Butter London and Ginger + Liz. For a great slideshow on vegan nail polishes and a little lecture on what goes into mainstream polishes, visit Stylelist.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Emily Deschanel And Hubby David Hornsby Expanding 2nd Child
- Meatless Mouthful–Alicia Silverstone Says Vegan No Longer Laughable
- Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare Launching Soon