Mayim Bialik was getting prim and pretty for an appearance recently when she insisted her makeup artist use only cruelty-free products down to her toes.
Bialik said, “I need to get the vegan nail polish,” and explained what un-vegan things go into most polishes, including dyes from bugs.
Could not have expected better from a mother who openly discusses raising her kids vegan and is currently working on a cookbook with the same cuisine theme.
Although most vegetarians and vegans wouldn’t dare suck on beef jerky as an occasional snack, many aren’t aware that little things utilized here and there–toiletries, cosmetics–make a big contribution to the animal product industry in the long run.
In addition, cosmetics like nail polish often have some not so earth-friendly ingredients that have been linked to both environmental pollution and health issues in mammals.
Paint your fingers with vegan-friendly polishes like Zoya, Spa Ritual, Butter London and Ginger + Liz. For a great slideshow on vegan nail polishes and a little lecture on what goes into mainstream polishes, visit Stylelist.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jaimie King Creates Vegan-Friendly Makeup Alchemy From ColourPop
- Pamela Anderson Launches Vegan Shoes
- Pamela Anderson Does Sexy Vegan Cake Making For “Love “
- Nikki Reed Launches Freedom Of Animals Handbag Collection With Morgan Bogle
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting In “Shape” — Vegan Better In The Stomach