Venus Williams has had more than a few stumbling blocks lately in her career. Recovering from an ankle injury and living with Sjogren’s syndrome, an autoimmune disease that causes pain in the joints, she’s had to make a few adjustments in life, especially in her diet.
It’s a good thing she has the support of sister Serena Williams, who’s even willing to give up chicken to avoid eating it in front of Venus now that she’s adopted a vegan diet to help with the autoimmune condition.
“Venus has some health problems and went on a vegan and raw diet, so she could have more energy. I’m supporting that really full force for her. We do that together because I live with her,” Serena said. “Like I can’t come home with fried chicken because she’d want some. That would be a huge stumbling block.”
Many vegetarians and vegans can’t get their family members to stop lecturing and offering them meat at the dinner table, let alone join them in the cause.
Must be great to have a sister who’s so supportive.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth
- Eva Longoria Goes Vegan To Lean Out