Emily Deschanel may be one of the last veg ladies standing that refuse to cave to the pressure to add animal products to her diet during pregnancy.
The Bones actress spoke to Ladies Home Journal for the magazine’s August 2011 edition about her pregnancy, her diet and people who won’t take no for an answer when she tells them she just doesn’t need an egg or a glass of milk to support a healthy pregnancy.
“I still have to defend myself because people don’t understand it,” Deschanel said. “As a pregnant woman especially, people will say to me, ‘You must eat meat and dairy.’ You really have to tap into your self-esteem whenever people try to convince you you’re making the wrong choice.”
Deschanel and her husband David Hornsby will be proud parents later this fall.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Viola Davis Wants Rhode Island To Help Elephants In Circuses
- “Chopped” To Feature Vegan Chef Using Tempeh In Competition
- Slice Of Celebrity Vegan Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Green Leaf’s & Bananas iPad Giveaway For National Salad Month
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mark Bittman Breakfast Couscous