Emily Deschanel may be one of the last veg ladies standing that refuse to cave to the pressure to add animal products to her diet during pregnancy.
The Bones actress spoke to Ladies Home Journal for the magazine’s August 2011 edition about her pregnancy, her diet and people who won’t take no for an answer when she tells them she just doesn’t need an egg or a glass of milk to support a healthy pregnancy.
“I still have to defend myself because people don’t understand it,” Deschanel said. “As a pregnant woman especially, people will say to me, ‘You must eat meat and dairy.’ You really have to tap into your self-esteem whenever people try to convince you you’re making the wrong choice.”
Deschanel and her husband David Hornsby will be proud parents later this fall.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Kangana Ranaut Finds Vegetarian Opens Spirituality
- Mayim Bialik Celebrates Earth Day Every Day
- Christian Serratos Asks Electric Car Drivers To Go Vegetarian In PETA Ad
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Carla Hall Last Supper Tarragon Peas
- Meatless Mouthful–Samuel L. Jackson Credits Dr. Esselstyn For Vegan Diet