Sheryl Crow is donating a portion of sales from an upcoming concert to the Cloud Foundation, a horse protection organization that is suing the U.S. government for rounding up wild horses and burros in the West.
The Bureau of Land Management would like to roundup 1,700 mustangs on the Nevada-Utah line.
Crow’s show with Kid Rock at Cheyenne Frontier Days in Wyoming on July 22 will benefit the group.
In a documentary film, Saving the American Wild Horse, Crow said, “I think it will be a real shame when we look back and we don’t have these incredible species, and I guess my best hope would be that people, individuals, step up at this point and really protect these animals.”
Crow has rescued a horse in the past and says wild horses are a vital part of America’s culture.
“There’s legislation going on right now about exterminating these great wild mustangs… (They’re) truly one of the great representatives of our native culture here in America. Wild mustangs are really true to the heritage of this country; they help us to remember who we were.. (and) the government is trying to have them run off cliffs and things.”
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Ariana Grande Andy Hurley Win PETA2 Sexiest Vegetarians
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Ellie Goulding Coconut Water Smoothie
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Talks Rescue Pit Bull In Humane Society “All Animals”
- Mya Talks Vegetarian Diet In “Women’s Running”