Bernadette Peters and Mary Tyler Moore will once again host the annual Broadway Barks. The cat and dog adoption event is produced by Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS and is meant to let the animals in New York City shelters shine and give them the opportunity to find loving, permanent homes.
Representatives from several New York area animal organizations will attend the event, including Animal Care & Control of New York City, Adopt A Boxer Rescue, Animal Relief Fund, the ASPCA, Brooklyn Animal Resource Coalition, Mid Atlantic Great Dane Rescue and North Shore Animal League America.
Broadway Barks will take place at Shubert Alley on Saturday, June 9 from 3:30pm-6:30pm. Presentations of animals from local shelters will take place from 5:30-6:30pm.
According to statistics at Pet Finder from the American Humane Association, more pets are taking residency in homes. In 1956, 44% of American households had either a dog or a cat. Today, that number has climbed to 57%. And 9 out of 10 pet owners say they consider a pet to be part of the family.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- James Cromwell Reflects On 20th Anniversary Of “Babe”
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- Pope Francis Says All Dogs Go To Heaven
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Emily Deschanel And Hubby David Hornsby Expanding 2nd Child